The Minecraft Server Virtual Machine (appliance) is pre-configured, and the only thing you have to do is mount the .vmdk to get your server running. McMyAdmin, phpMyadmin and Webmin is also pre-installed for easier administration of your server.
Download it now: Pre-installed MineCraft Server
Last updated: 2016-06-29. Version when created: 1.10.2. You can update via McMyAdmin GUI (you have to reboot the server after it’s updated).
- Mount the .vmdk in VMware (PC users) or VirtualBox (Mac users)
- Login to Ubuntu
- Run the script to do the final setup.
[sudo] password for minecraft: minecraft
When the script is finished the server will reboot and on next login the MineCraft Server will start automatically.
- Access MyMcAdmin
- Open port 25565 in your router.
- Download the client and connect to your MineCraft Server. Enjoy!
Access your server externally
To be able to access your router externally you have to open ports in your router. Just follow the guide, or you can take a look at this video.
THE STARTUP SCRIPT WILL:
- Upgrade your system to latest version
- Set new keyboard layout
- Change password for Ubuntu
- Change timezone
- Install Webmin, and zip to be able to use Webmin properly.
- Put a start command in the minecraft users .profile, so that the MineCraft Server starts when you mount the VM and login.
- Cleanup the system from unnecessary files.
- MineCraft Server 1.10.2.
- Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 – 64-bit
- 2048 MB RAM (you can edit this)
- 2 core processor (you can edit this)
- Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b17) 64-bit
To access Webmin just go to:
To access phpMyadmin just go to:
If it says forbidden you have to allow your IP in the configuration file.
$~: sudo nano /etc/apache2/conf-available/phpmyadmin.conf
Change 192.168.1.1 to your IP instead, it could be either your external IP or internal.
To access McMyAdmin just go to:
20 GB IS TO SMALL?
The VM is 20 GB when it’s extracted, and if you think that isn’t enough, we’ve made a guide on how to extend your VM to make it larger.